National Press Releases & Articles


Majority Agree Climate Change is a Serious Problem

| Filed under: National

Toronto, July 4th, 2019 – In a random sampling of public opinion taken by The Forum Poll™ among 1812 Canadian voters, two-thirds (TOP2: 65%) say they agree that climate change is a serious problem for Canada, with a third (36%) saying they agree strongly.

Environment Emerging As Key Issue As Election Nears

| Filed under: National

Toronto, July 4th —In a random sampling of public opinion taken by the Forum Poll™ among 1812 Canadians 18 years of age or older, the environment has become a leading issue in the upcoming Federal election, with one-quarter (26%) saying it is the most important issue to them in the coming campaign.

Half Are Unsatisfied With Canadian Government’s Response To Opioid Addiction

| Filed under: National, Social Issues

Toronto, July 4th – In a random sampling of public opinion taken by The Forum Poll™ among 1812 Canadian voters, almost half (BTM2: 48%) are not satisfied with the federal government’s response to opioid addiction in Canada, with about a quarter (28%) saying they are not satisfied at all.

Most Canadians Would Fail Citizenship Test

| Filed under: National

Toronto, June 28th – In a random sampling of public opinion taken by The Forum Poll™ among 1645 Canadian voters, in celebration of Canada Day, Canadians were asked 10 questions drawn from Discover Canada: The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship, the study guide used by prospective citizens to study for the Canadian Citizenship Test.

Canadians Believe Social Media is Fake

| Filed under: National

Toronto, June 25th – In a random sampling of public opinion taken by The Forum Poll™ among 1619 Canadians, one-fifth of respondents (21%) don’t use social media at all, one-fifth of respondents (21%) use it less than thirty minutes a day, one-fifth (20%) use it more than thirty minutes but less than an hour, one fifth (20%) use it between one hour and two hours, one-tenth (9%) use it more than two hours but less than three, and another tenth (10%) use it 3 hours or more

Conservatives Maintain Lead

| Filed under: National

Toronto, June 24th – In a random sampling of public opinion taken by The Forum Poll™ among 1539 Canadian voters, amongst those decided and leaning, a third (35%) say they would support the Conservatives if an election were held today, unchanged from the beginning of the month (June 1st: 34%).

Liberals lead in Québec

| Filed under: National, Quebec

Toronto, June 14th, 2019 – In a random sampling of public opinion taken by The Forum Poll™ among 1471 Québec voters 18 or older, a third (32%) say they would vote for the Liberals if a federal election were held today.

Les libéraux mènent au Québec

| Filed under: National, Quebec

Toronto, le 14 juin 2019 – Lors d’un sondage d'opinion publique mené par le Forum Poll ™ auprès de 1 471 électeurs québécois âgés de 18 ans et plus, un tiers (32%) ont déclaré qu'ils voteraient pour les libéraux si des élections fédérales avaient lieu aujourd'hui.

Canadians are divided on when to implement the trade deal

| Filed under: National

Toronto, June 7th – In a random sampling of public opinion taken by The Forum Poll™ among 1633 Canadian voters, half (51%) say they want to implement the trade deal with the United States and Mexico now while the other half (49%) of Canadians want to wait to implement the trade deal until after the election in October.

Conservatives Lead, But the Gap Is Narrowing

| Filed under: National

Toronto, June 11th – In a random sampling of public opinion taken by The Forum Poll™ among 1633 Canadian voters, amongst those decided and leaning, a third (34%) say they would support the Conservatives if an election were held today.